Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mormon Muffins

Recipe Thursday

A lovely friend of mine (who grew up in Utah) brought these muffins to share for an overnight we had with the kiddos at the Kingfisher Cabin on Vashon. Monkey loved them (and I inhaled a few too many myself). I made them again this trip and they were well received by all (and I'm not a pro baker like she is so this was an amazing feat). This time I made them with whole wheat flour so they weren't quite as attractive but just as yummy. What's great about this recipe is that the batter stays good in the fridge for a week so you can bake what you need each day. Fresh muffins without going to the coffee shop--yum!

These muffins were made famous by the Greenery restaurant in Ogden, Utah. Get the recipe here.

2 comments:

RMM said...

I'm gonna make these, Jessica.

Lisa said...

YUMMY! Once I looked at the recipe I realized that my mom made these all the time when I was little. I would go into the fridge to eat the batter!!! I will definitely be making these.